The other night at dinner (where many of Tyler's end of the day - I'm over tired - meltdowns occur) we were trying to enforce his eating a significant portion of his dinner before he could make any other requests for dinner (i.e. toast and a banana, his usual staples).
Tyler was quite distraught over this. It started to get kind of comical to me when he said through huge tears and gasps "Stop saying those bad words to me Mom. I don't want to eat my dinner. But I LOVE my toast and banana."
Yeah had to feel for the kid. I guess, chicken, brown rice and vegetables didn't look all that appetizing but holding my ground has paid off in subsequent meal times.
BTW - There was no swearing in our house that night the bad words he was referring to were "No, Tyler you may not have toast and bananas until you eat your dinner."
Smoking
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment