A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.

~Author Unknown

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dinner Last Night

Last night Andy and I and the boys ate a nice restaurant near Park City. We had a gift certificate and I wanted to go to the outlet malls afterwards to spend my Christmas money. Andy said he'd do something with the boys while I shopped and we didn't want to pay for a babysitter so we brought them with us. It was a pretty nice restaurant - expensive entrees, white linen table cloths, multiple forks set at your place etc. They were accommodating of our children even though I felt really out of place and there were no other children younger than 12 in the restaurant. Tyler got a booster chair and had his own place at the table. He was really excited about his silverware. Surprisingly both boys were really good all through dinner. Tyler just sat there with his elbows on the table and face in his hands looking around the restaurant most of the time. He even ate politely with his fork and didn't say he didn't like or wanted something else (like he usually does at home). As we were getting ready to leave, Andy and I both commented on how good Tyler had been. Then I reminded Andy to take Tyler to the bathroom before we left for the outlet malls. Tyler very loudly says so everyone in the room can hear "Why? Do you need to poop Dad?" Spoke a little too soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment